There are times when you think that you can fix just about anything that is not working properly in your home or business. That could be true for some tasks, but other times you might need to reach out for outside help.
The problem many face is that they only resort to seek the help of a professional when the trouble has gotten worse. At first, it might be fine to try doing some quick fixes on your own on household equipment.
You can trust in your own abilities, especially if you are a technical person. However, when you have a laundry service business, you may want ot go straight to asking for assistance to minimize the potential damage.
That said, you should know when to call for commercial dryer service personnel and when to do it yourself. Dryer maintenance is basically just cleaning the unit from any excess lint buildup on the burner tube, card reader, coin drop, fans, and filters.
If you want to save on maintenance costs, it is necessary that you should have preventive maintenance annually, particularly for removing the panels for cleaning. This will reduce the frequency of incidents.
If you are eager to handle these maintenance duties in your laundromat facility on your own, then you should first disconnect any electrical power, as well as the steam or gas so that you can begin the job.
Proper Maintenance Is Key
Getting your machines up and running regularly can be achieved when you apply preventive maintenance. But you can also do some easy routines like cleaning key areas to keep it free from potential damage.
- Cleaning the lint drawer and its compartment
- Louvers and screens of fresh air inlets, including exhaust ducts
- Frequent inspection and thorough cleaning to prevent accumulation of lint
- Cleaning lint from coin selector optic switches
- Cleaning cabinet and door with the use of non-volatile, general purpose cleaner intended for painted surfaces.
Things Laundromat Owners Can Do
- Inspect the inside and outside of the dryer for objects that could impede in its operation
- Remove lint and other debris from exhaust ducts and tumblers
- Perform basic troubleshooting from belt replacements that are damaged or too loose
- Make cylindrical adjustments
- Familiarize with the equipment found inside the laundromat facility to help recognize problems when they arise
When To Contact Dryer Maintenance Service
- When it feels necessary for major repairs, you should contact a commercial dryer service
- When the damage and necessary repairs would be above your ability
- When it concerns utilities, such as steam, gas, or electric
- Risk of personal injury or property damage, electrical, and mechanical repairs beyond the simple items
- Troubleshooting electrical problems
It is inevitable to have some broken equipment in your laundry service from time to time because you are using them on a regular basis. That’s why you have to trust professional services to handle the job for you.
If you value your business, there is no reason that you should ever hesitate getting your laundry equipment in good running condition on a consistent basis.
A professional commercial dryer service can be a great option to maximize your profit.